Our church history dates back to within two months of the slaves being freed in Texas on June 19, 1865. It was then that our chartered members, a faithful and devout group of twenty Christians planted seeds of faith by establishing Providence Missionary Baptist Church. And it is through these seeds that they planted that God is still blessing this congregation today.
Here at Providence we not only remember our past, but we’re continually perfecting our present by teaching, hearing, reading, studying, applying and heeding to the Word of God. We’re building relationships through worship, having fellowship with one another, working together in church ministries and by serving both the needs of the church and our community.
And finally, we’re looking forward towards our future and our goal is to continually grow our membership both spiritually and numerically. So if you’re looking for a church home, just know that our doors are always open to those in the community and in the surrounding areas who are seeking a spiritual home!
OUR CHURCH HISTORY
Providence Missionary Baptist Church was established on August 13, 1865. This was within two months after the slaves were freed in Texas on June 19, 1865. It was begun with a chartered membership of twenty churchgoers.
Rev. Nathan Oggs was the first pastor in 1865.
P.O. Box 254, Montalba, TX 75853
9:45 AM – 10:45 AM
2404 W. FM 321, Montalba, TX 75853